Though it is the Magnetic Resonance Safety Director (MRSD) who is ultimately responsible for the safety of the MRI facility and faculty, the Magnetic Resonance Safety Officer (MRSO) is obliged to enforce the MR safety policies of the facility. The MRSO will review the facility safety standards and the American College of Radiology (ACR) to ensure that the facility is in compliance with the established regulations to ensure the MR facility is safe for patients and faculty.
In the Advanced Magnetic Resonance Safety Expert Course, you will learn:
- Module 1: How does MRSO work? Comprehend how to use the MRSO Safety Manual and define how Magnetic resonance works.
- Module 2: Safety Precautions: Discover and apply safety precautions in Magnetic Resonance.
- Module 3: Time-varying magnetic fields: Recognize how time-varying magnetic fields change over time. In MRI, this is used to locate the tissue to be examined and to induce resonance in its hydrogen nuclei.
- Module 4: Utilizing the measurement unit: Learn the magnetic field’s effect and use the measurement unit.
- Module 5: Time-Varying RF Field: Understand what a time-varying RF field is and why it’s necessary for MRI.
- Module 6: Cryognen and the side effects of Gadolinium: Define Cryognen and discuss the side effects of Gadolinium present in contrasts during an MRI test.
- Module 7: MRI and Implants: Identify important steps to consider when performing an MRI on a patient with implants.
- Module 8: MRI Requirements: Discover the many organizations that provide the rules, nomenclature, and acceptable dosages that must be followed to keep patients and employees safe in the Magnetic Resonance environment.
- Module 9: Supporting Organizations: Locate other organizations that assist in providing information to protect the safety of MRI patients in the Magnetic Resonance environment.
- Module 10: Additional Practice Exams: Hundreds of questions and answers to prepare the student for the MRSO Exam. These quizzes can be taken as often as necessary.
The student will benefit from taking this course because:
- It covers all material that you need to prepare and pass your MRSO exam. Our course was written and developed by a board-certified MRSE with over 10 years of experience in medical safety training.
- Practice Tests are available to help prepare you for the real exam.
- Flash cards are available for you to download.
- Official and verifiable TITAN University certification can be downloaded immediately after a passing score of 70% or higher showing your advanced knowledge in the MRSO field.
- Take breaks when you need to and take the course at your own pace.
- Have a question, just ask us on the Contact Us page and we will make sure your question is answered promptly.